Saturday, January 18, 2020

Another New Face

I ordered Elf Rosie during Raccoon Doll's anniversary sale last year and she arrived home yesterday. The main reason for ordering her was to give Nan a body of her own (she has currently been sharing with Rowena, and I find I'd like to have both of them available for storyline purposes at the same time)………………...so I ordered Elf Rosie, thinking she was mature and could be a good sculpt to play the Queen, Koehlon's mother. The Queen isn't a character I planned to do much with, just use occasionally in Koehlon's story, so she was the perfect sculpt to pick to give up her body.
We had a heck of a time finding a wig I really liked on her. Those elf ears make it a bit problematic to have the 5/6 wigs I tried from Monique to stay down far enough in the back. I originally wanted her to wear this "Pretty Girl" wig from Monique, but it just poofed up too much at the top/sides.
So I tried on the Monique "Ginger" wig and it looks much better on her I think.
I still need to decide for storyline purposes if I want to use her as the "Queen" or if I'd rather use her as "Nycis", Koehlon's betrothed from Aeyonary. I need to figure out which way would be more beneficial to the story. She does look very regal though, doesn't she?


2 comments:

  1. She's lovely. I especially love her coloring with black hair and the emerald gown. And you're right--Monique "Ginger" looks much better than "Pretty Girl". Finding a wig that fits with elf ears is always a problem. My Elf Rosie had to settle for a Monique "JoJo". If I want to give her a different look I may have to make her a wig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the wig fitting problem make me leary of getting any more elven dolls since I can't make my own wigs, and Chewin doesn't have any of the RD elves for me to order from him. The Monique Ginger wig does work rather well though.

    ReplyDelete