With the Iplehouse announcement last week of their plans to close, I have been very nostalgic looking back through my collection at all the lovely Iplehouse dolls I've acquired over the years. To be honest, without Iplehouse, I probably wouldn't have delved as deeply into the BJD world. Their realistic sculpts were what finally made me go all in and switch gears from the 16" fashion dolls like Tonner and Gene. One of the more unusual dolls I have in my Iple collection is Nox, my FID Dane in ebony resin. He's one that spoke to me loudly when I first started doing this blog quite a few years ago. I wanted to get him out for some new photos today.
Elves, Half-Elves, Druids, Humans and Misceo People reside In the Glade and its surrounding areas...….a Fantasy world inhabited by Iplehouse FID, Raccoon Doll and SartoriaJ characters
Saturday, October 3, 2026
Some Nox Appreciation
I have to admit I haven't bought a new Iplehouse doll since 2021 I think. Their were some issues with Iple loosing a lot of their talent where face ups were concerned and that gave me pause, then with COVID and then the tariff issues I just appeciated what I had and didn't buy anything new from them aside from the occasional clothing order. Plus, they stopped putting out anything new. I always hoped that they would somehow regain their mojo and get back to where they used to be in their glory days. Alas, I guess that was not meant to be. Farewell Iple................you will always hold a special place in my heart and my doll collection. I will cherish all the many dolls that have graced my collection through the years even more now. Nox certainly being one of those special dolls..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment