Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Morning Stroll

I took these of  Ryland out for a weekend stroll on Sunday. I got a new wig I thought I might like on him, and I do.

I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I want to spring for one of the new SartoriaJ 51cm guys. I love the Jude sculpt, and I quite like a couple of the others as well.

I'd like to see how close the new resin shades compare to the old. Ryland is the original amber beige and I think he matches quite nicely with the Iple's regular realskin resin. He is on an Iple FID Muscle body here.

I think the resin match is really good, and am curious how the new shades compare as I read SartoriaJ was going to slightly change the color mixes.

4 comments:

  1. Ryland is gorgeous. Love the new wig. Is he a Jude?
    SartoriaJ would sell a lot more heads if only they'd say which Iplehouse resin their colors match. I could spring for the entire doll and not worry about it, but a) these guys are at the upper limit of the size I can restring, b) I'm out of display space, and c) I can't buy another doll until after I pay for upcoming dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's an Iple wig. Yes, he is the separate 5/6 Jude head they did with the LeStat face up in amber beige. Its a nice match for the Iple realskin resin as I noted. I hear you on space issues........I've foregone buying any more big dolls because of space problems. I'm also a little nervous about size on the new 51cm buys. I really don't want a guy that is bigger than the Raccoon guys with my RD and Iple FID girls. I'm curious about the newer amber beige resin though, and if I could use the body for RYland ...................so Leonard can have his body back,I would be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is SJ selling the 51cm bodies without heads? If so, you could ask what new color will match your existing amber beige. I would need a color that matches Iple's normal. I sold my realskin and peach gold FIDs. I now have several heads sharing bodies. It works--until you want to take a photo of the two who share the same body. Photoshop can only do so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are just selling the full doll, not bodies nor heads separately.
      I have LOTS of my bigger dolls that share bodies and it hasn't been an issue for me. For some reason I have a much harder time having the FID/Raccoon Dolls share. Maybe as I play with them more these days.

      Delete