Sunday, September 6, 2020

New Background

Got a new shoji screen to use as a background for the smaller dolls (it's 2 ft tall), and thought I'd try it out. Daisha got to model.

I think it will work quite well  for something different.


Still amazes me how much I love a mint green doll, but I think Daisha (Daisy) turned out beautiful. Really is true to never say never in this doll collecting hobby. If you had told me even 2 years ago I would own a mint green doll I would have told you that you were crazy.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the white shoji screen. The tiny lights are a delightful photo effect...they give the image some sparkle. I love the Daisy sculpt. I have a Daisy elf but wouldn't mind a human version as well. Personally I find green skin a hard sell. My mint WithDoll tiny looks almost alien to me. Maybe I just need to see a group of them together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really pleased with the white screen too. I like it better than my bigger one that has darker wood for the framing. As far as the green goes, I really like it. It suits the character, as I wanted to develop a "race" of people (the Misceo people in my story line) that were born to blend into their surroundings (so I could play with some of the fantasy colors). I know the fantasy colors aren't for everyone, but they work for me, and I'm enjoying them a lot. I probably won't get another mint doll, but I'm really happy with Daisy.

    ReplyDelete