Monday, September 16, 2019

An Aside from the Story- Outlander

9/19- Just an Update to let anyone know that is interested, I did start a blog dedicated to my Outlander dolls. It's called " Outlander Doll World" and can be found in the links at the side of the page here.


Just thought I would take a bit of a break from the regularly scheduled programming to share some of my other FID/Raccoon sized dolls.  I've been a bit obsessed with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander since I first read the books, a couple of years before the TV show aired. I have shelled quite a few of the characters with full sized BJD's, but since the smaller ones are so much easier to take outside for photos and manipulate for photos inside as well, I shelled Jamie and Claire in the mini sizes a couple of years ago. They have their own album (as do their larger counterparts) in my Flickr albums linked in the side bar. Since yesterday was so beautiful, I decided to take these 2 outdoors for some photos, and thought I would share them here.
Most of their clothing is by my very talented friend Robyn at Period Threads (her link is also in the sidebar).  The exception is the knitted pieces, which I did.  My love of Outlander inspired me to teach myself how to knit/crochet, as I wanted items in doll scale for Claire. Jamie's wig is by Chewin.
I have recently shelled Brianna in this size too, who plays double duty as "Aya" in the Glade. Interestingly enough, I don't have Brianna in the larger size. Still debating as to whether or not I want to shell Roger in this size.
I wonder if I should to start an "Outlander" theme dolly blog to give these dolls a place besides Flickr to come out and play more often.



4 comments:

  1. I love your Outlander themed dolls in the larger sizes and am glad to see some in smaller size. If you've done Brianna, I think Roger is a must. Brianna needs someone to interact with, especially if you place some of their adventures in more modern times. I think an Outlander themed blog is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am seriously thinking about Roger. Just not sure who I see portraying him. The Roger in the TV show is a far cry from how I picture Roger when I read the books. I have to think on it some more. The smaller dolls are definitely MUCH easier to move around and take outside to do photos. Still love my big Outlander dolls as well, and I have lots of cool clothes for them, but the little ones are lots of fun too! I'll have to seriously consider adding another blog for the Outlander crew. I have been enjoying the blog format, and like being able to do more commentary about the photos here, than I'm able to on Flickr. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember how I envisioned Roger when I first read the books, now that the TV version has taken hold in my mind. I wouldn't know which doll to cast in the part, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to think on it a while. I see Roger in my head as having black hair and an olive tone complexion. Very different from Richard Rankin who plays him in the TV show. The actors from the TV show have taken over as the characters when I re-read the books for everyone but Roger and Lord John (although I love David Berry as Lord John), when I read the books I still see John as shorter and blonde. By the way, I did start that Outlander inspired blog. Link in my sidebar links here, but also below
      https://outlanderdollworld.blogspot.com/

      Delete