Sunday, September 29, 2019

Outtakes-Working Dresses

I thought I would do an aside from the storyline to showcase a new style top/dress I got for the girls from Robyn at Period Threads. Robyn and I had been talking about what style of clothing might the Misceo girls wear to "work",  as they certainly wouldn't be in long gowns when working.  The first wrap top Robyn made for Sabia was inspired by the Raccoon Doll outfit showcased on their Iris elf sculpt. While I like this style a lot, I thought it would be fun to have some variety.
Robyn came up with the idea of shortening the medieval style gown into a top. She re-worked it to shorten the length and I received the first batch in the mail this week. For Sabia, I had one made in gold panne, as I thought it would be a good choice for fall. Since she is a Misceo that blends with the forest, when the leaves start to change, gold would be a good choice to blend in the the leaves.
Our leaves aren't changing quite yet, but you get the idea. I love how it turned out. If the length was adjusted and lengthened an inch or so, it could even be a cute modern dress.
I received several other colors as well, a couple of them for Shy that will be shown later when I get around to changing her clothes. Sabia is pretty happy to have another addition to her wardrobe. Thanks Robyn!


3 comments:

  1. Love the dress. It could even be worn over a long skirt for a layered look. I've seen shorter dresses on real girls, but then I'm a product of the mini-skirt era. (And wouldn't go back to it for love or money because (a) I'm much older now and (b) my figure's not what it used to be.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do like the style too! I have an aqua one that I was thinking my RD Lucy might get to try as a modern dress to see what I think. Lucy has been put out as she's not in the story, so she hasn't been getting as much attention as some of her counterparts, lol! I need to appease her somehow.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely give it to Lucy. She's one of those sculpts with a firm, no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners look. You don't want to mess with her. :D

      Delete