Saturday, February 29, 2020

Devlyn

I bought RD Damien from my friend Robyn with the idea to put either Leonard or the SartoriaJ Jude head on the body so I could use both of them in the story at the same time. Upon trying Ryland (SartoriaJ Jude) on the RD body, the S hook in the headcap is just too big to allow his head cap to fit properly, so Devlyn (who my Leonard will be known as in the Glade world) gets the body. It's a good fit with a little fiddling with the positioning of the S hook. I knew Dev (who he is known as to his friends and family) was mated to Rhi, but I wasn't sure about the rest of his backstory until I put him on the RD body...……..then he just started to spill it all out.
He has a real presence on this body, and with his new Chewin wig, looks a bit older. I'm anxious to get all the characters in place to start telling more of his story.


2 comments:

  1. Leonard looks good on this body. Have you tried changing the S hook? I don't remember what size hook RD guys come with but I typically change hooks to something thicker (if the doll comes with a thin hook) or shorter (if the hook is too tall). You can get a fairly thick one-inch S-hook at the hardware store. It leaves more room inside the head for changing eyes, piling excess string, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I was able to position it with Leonard's head so it works. SJ Jude will just have to use the Iple body as I don't feel like changing out the S hook. It is too tall, that's the main issue with it. I do like the Leonard head on this body and it works for the character.

      Delete