Sunday, August 11, 2019

Character Profiles and the Misceo People

One of the reasons I started this blog is for my own sanity in trying to keep the details of my characters in this grouping for my fantasy story straight, so I've done a character identification page for each of my characters,  linked at the right side of the page.
The idea for the Misceo people came about as I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate gray resin dolls into my group as I've become a bit fascinated by them and wanted to add one or two to my collection. I bit the bullet and ordered a gray Gene from Raccoon Doll, who will hopefully arrive within the next month or so. I knew I wanted her to be highly intelligent and a warrior. The gray color reminded me of  the shadows, so I began to explore the idea that she could be of a race that was evolved from the Fae and was capable of blending in with the shadows to move about undetected. The perfect race of spies. Since Misceo means blending/mixing in Latin. I chose that for the name of the race, and since Umbra is Shadow in Latin I decided that gray Gene (when she arrives) would be an Umbra Misceo.
In the meantime I had received a package in the mail from my friend Robyn at Period Threads who had done some great brown and green pieces of clothing for my dolls in this size and I began to imagine another type of Misceo……………….a Misceo who would blend into the forest, the Silva Misceo's. I already owned a couple of really great brown resin dolls that would fit the bill and easily move into this world. Hauk, pictured above had received a great braided wig from Chewin, and when I put him in the Elven/fantasy outfits Robyn had made, he just seemed to come alive in this role, as did Sabia, pictured with Hauk below. To read more about both of them, see the character profiles in the sidebar.



No comments:

Post a Comment