Friday, August 30, 2019

Prop Finds

Since I'm a bit behind on taking photos to further the story along I thought I would share some recent prop finds today instead.  I was perusing Etsy last week, searching 1/4 scale weapons and I found these Game of Thrones charms that were inexpensive, and I hoped by looking at the measurments they might work as dirks for the dolls of the Glade.
They were from a shop called Guerrilla Charm:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/GuerrillaCharm
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/552277398/4-silver-jon-snow-charms-longclaw-sword?ref=yr_purchases
At only $2.95 for a set of 2 (plus shipping) they are a far cry less inexpensive than the weapons Iple or Raccoon sells...…………..although they aren't exactly to scale, for the price, they are passable. They have a nice weight to them as well. Here is Hauk with it in his belt. I need to come up with a sheath for it. You can see the grip is out of scale
But if you put it in the dolls hand, you can't tell.
Probably works better for the women though, so Sabia may get to use them most. I really should get her another set of hands that are more closed so it looks like she is actually gripping it.
Another fun item I found while out and about at Hobby Lobby a couple of weekends ago, was a set of earring charms that were compasses. The needles inside actually spin around. I picked them up thinking they would be a fun prop for the dolls as well.
Since they were earring charms, they came as a set for around $5 if I'm not mistaken. A closer shot in Hauk's hand. You can see the needles inside a little better here. The detail on them is really amazing.
Lastly, another fun Hobby Lobby find was the small pack on Hauk's belt. They were also in the jewelry/charm/bead section. I thought it might work well to attach to their belts to hold things. Hauk is wearing his below. I believe it was in the $3-4 range. Craft/Hobby stores are great resources to find dolly scale items inexpensively if you have a good eye for scale (or want to carry your dolls and  with you to check scale).  I've lucked up on some really fun items this way, so thought others might be interested as well. Happy shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment